Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Creating My Own Special Memories

I have never been one for girly-girl stuff - I rarely put makeup on, I rarely wear dresses or skirts and up until a few years ago I didn't even know what foils were. I grew up riding BMX bikes and playing in the dirt with my younger brothers. I avoided all the girly-girl hoohaa when I got married by eloping to beautiful Broome in WA - I wore a cheesecloth skirt and singlet tops and I had a go at tizzing myself up by attempting to do my own hair and makeup.
Having a daughter has really changed me. The girly-girl stuff has become somewhat important. I am beginning to enjoy this *stuff* with my little girl. She stands beside me in the bathroom applying her own 'makeups' whenever I do make the effort to spruce up a little. I do however think that Miss P has some of my tomboy personality, especially when she requests to wear her Thomas the Tank Engine PJ's to bed, or goes off to daycare with her Spiderman singlet on over the top of her pink shirt.
So, where is all this verbal diahorrea leading to? Well. At 37 and pregnant with my second child, I decided that I would embrace my feminine side, tizz myself up a bit and capture this special time in my life. I thought it was about time I did something girly for myself. I wanted to record somehow not only my final pregnancy but also the special bond I have with my georgous daughter. I decided to follow my own advice to other women and book my own photo shoot. There was only one person I considered for the job and that was the talented and georgous Kristen Cook.
Kristen's work speaks for itself - I admire and respect the talent and passion this lady has for what it is she does.
She simply 'exuberates fantastacism'!!
SO head on over the Kristen's blog: http://kristencook.com.au/blog/?p=1273 and check out the magic this lady has created for me!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful reflection Chrissy. Thank you for sharing your thoughts :)

    The photos are truly amazing! Kristen has captured this moment in your life perfectly. And you look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i hang out in Melbourne central all the time
    i love effHair melbourne and Pandora

    ReplyDelete